Medical Secretary (Maternity Leave)
Start date: October 9, 2018
Seeking Medical Secretary for front-line position to support a Cardiology Practice.
Required to work Monday to Friday, with the flexibility to work at two different locations within Peterborough.
Remuneration is competitive with industry standards, qualifications, and experience.
- graduate of recognized Medical Office Assistant program
- more than 2 years experience working in a healthcare environment, ideally in a Cardiology practice
- owning a vehicle and drivers license would be an asset, to work in two different locations within Peterborough
- strong computer skills working with an EMR System, preferably Accuro
- ability to do billing
- ability to perform activities including appointment and rescheduling, patient record updates, responding to patient inquiries, maintaining up-to-date calendar/schedules
- excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- patient-centered approach
- effective verbal and written communication skills
- attention to detail
- ability to work well under pressure and use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- ability to maintain confidentiality
- current vulnerable sector police background check