THE MEDICAL CENTRE Family Health Team
Thank you for participating in Peterborough's AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine Primary Care Pilot Project for individuals aged 60-64.
This email message confirms that you have booked an appointment to receive your vaccine at The Medical Centre clinic and provides additional important information for you to review.
Included in this email you will find information on:
1) What do I do BEFORE my appointment?
2) What do I do/bring/need on THE DAY OF my appointment?
3) What happens AFTER my appointment?
What do I do….
BEFORE my appointment?
- • Please review the attached vaccine information package and the attached consent form. Note that you do not need to complete and bring the consent form. It is for review only.
- • Your vaccine appointment is for the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine only. We have posted information and FAQs about this vaccine on our website under the Pilot Project Information section at: https://www.themedicalcentre.net/news/index.html
- • If you have any other questions prior to your appointment, please contact the Pilot Project Booking Office at: 705-876-4534 or contact your Family Physician or Nurse Practitioner.
- • If you need to cancel your appointment for any reason, please contact our Pilot Project Booking Office asap. We have a limited number of vaccines, so your appointment will be offered to another person to ensure no vaccine goes to waste.
THE DAY OF my appointment?
- • Wear a short sleeved shirt for easy access to your upper arm.
- • Ensure you have had something to eat and drink before your appointment
- • Bring your OHIP Health Card to your appointment.
- • Only essential support persons, if required, will be permitted to accompany you
- • Please complete the Patient COVID-19 Fast Track Screening Form at: https://www.themedicalcentre.net/services/virtual.html and bring a screenshot or printout of your Fast Track result with you.
- • We will not be charging for parking. If possible, please consider bringing a donation to the local food bank.
- • Please enter the building no earlier than 10 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment time.
- • Please wear a mask and sanitize your hands on entering the building, maintain social distancing and follow all signage.
- • There is a 15 minute monitoring period in the clinic after you receive your vaccine.
- • All of your information, including your contact information and vaccine information, will be entered into the provincial COVID-19 database called CoVaxON, which tracks and records COVID-19 vaccine administration. You will receive a confirmation of vaccination at the time of your appointment.
AFTER my appointment?
COVID-19 What you need to know about your vaccine appointment
- • Please review the aftercare information in the attached information package.
- • We will not be providing appointments for your second vaccine at this time.
- • Since your COVID-19 vaccine information has been entered into the Provincial database, Public Health Units will be using this information to coordinate second vaccine dose administration when the time comes. As you know, second doses have recently been postponed in Ontario to ensure more people receive their first dose earlier.
COVID-19 Vaccine Consent Form
Thank-you for reviewing the above information!
We look forward to seeing you on the day of your appointment.
The Medical Centre Family Health Team.
The Medical Centre AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine Pilot Project Booking Office: 705-876-4534